Friday, November 21, 2008

Jen the Therapist

I'm grateful to have a friend like Jen that could probably get me through any challenging life event by just listening and giving me her advice. Several times in the past few years Jen has come to my rescue by giving me strength to move forward with what I had ahead. Thank goodness she went through the twin phase before me. I don't think there was anyone who gave me a clearer picture of what I had ahead with a twin pregnancy and a move all at once. As we talked about breastfeeding twins I remember her saying, "Just remember, you don't have to be a hero." Once we got to our temporary home in Rexburg, I spent many hours on the phone with Jen as she kept me in the loop about what was going on with friends and ward members in Boston. Somehow, I needed that link as I set up a new support system so far away. Then again, as our twins were 8 months old and I found out there was another baby on the way I remember Jens exact words as I told her over the phone, "Oh honey, we'll get through this...somehow we'll make it through." She again gave me a glimpse of what would be ahead with the twins as this baby was born. I honestly believe Jen has been one of my angels through these experiences. The great thing is, I know I am only one of many who has benefited from Jen Thomas' skill as a therapist. Thank you Jen! Have a wonderful Birthday. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you at the Hopkins (instead, we'll be glued to the BYU/Utah game). My heart is there!