Friday, November 21, 2008

Jen, the Master Teacher

When I grow up, I want to be Jen. I admire you for your wisdom, honesty, integrity, and ever-fresh perspective on life. I have so much to learn from you. I feel very lucky to have been able to enjoy your teaching, in particular, in the past two years--first in YW, and now in our gospel doctrine class.
You are such a gifted teacher! You think creatively and deeply, and talk FAST--because yes, your brain moves that fast, and you tell a gripping story. To make things even better, I am usually able to follow along because of the visual component you include--those lists on the blackboard are riveting... And I never have to feel bad because you have fancy visual aids or frou frou handouts or decorative items. Just your flashes of brilliance, at lightning speed...

I admire you for following your convictions, for being a fantastic Mom, for invariably having thoughtful and wise things to say, and for expressing those thoughts graciously. Thanks for being willing to let us peek into the express lane of your brain on Sundays... I know I can never be you, but it sure is fun to watch you doing it!

Robin Baker