Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Jen!
I am sorry that I cannot be at the big birthday bash, but it is because I am performing in a production of "Jane Eyre." I know Jane Eyre is not Jane Austen, but similar genre (yes I know with the added gothic element), so I thought you would appreciate my reason for not being there. Jen, how glad I am to know you! Our mutual friend, Grant Madsen, who apparently knows us both fairly well, got it right when he guessed that you and I would be friends. You are someone whose opinion matters to me because of the power of your ideas. After I have a conversation with you, I often find myself contemplating the things you've said for awhile after. The passion that accompanies your ideas is also what makes you distinct; you are willing to act on your opinions. I've so enjoyed working alongside you in many different endeavors. Thank you for your excellent example of a "good way to be." I love your brain, and I love your friendship!
Margaret Busse