Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ditto!

Jen,

I have had so much fun reading the tributes from your friends and family. I must say there is way too much pressure for posting a clever blog for one of the most clever people I know. I wrote this rather serious and lame tribute, and then I read what Sunny wrote. It included the same sentiments, only much funnier. So lets just say "ditto".
You truly are one of the smartest, talented, most amazing people I know. I am so grateful to be counted among your friends, and I have learned so much from being your friend. Whether it is chatting about books, movies, politics, gospel doctrine, art history or the latest celebrity gossip, you always have some fun tidbit to share. I so admire your ability to remember anything and everything and to communicate your point of view so convincingly. But really Jen what I most admire about you, is your loyalty. You have been a true friend for 22 years--through bad perms, hard missions, crazy European travels, graduate school, marriage, motherhood, and just being grown-ups. Through it it all you have been willing to forget the little squabbles and serve as the glue that has kept "the Gals " together for so many years. I wish so much I could be there today to celebrate with you! Jen, may you have very Happy Birthday and may we enjoy many more years of friendship.

Love, Sal