Monday, November 17, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM SAN FRANCISCO!

You have no idea how hard it was to lie to you about not knowing if anything was planned for your birthday! Here are ten reasons why I adore my big sis.

10) For always having a soft spot for a certain blind, deaf, black and white mutt.

9) Even though you have more aesthetic sense in you pinky as I do in my entire system you still insist the color of yellow I picked out for your kitchen was better then your choice. Silliness.

8) For being kind and generous. For always thinking of everyone before yourself. For keeping the family connected. For maintaining grace, charm, wit and femininity in the face of raising five boys (just kidding Mike). For instilling goodness in your children. For being true to your convictions and a defender of the faith. For being all this and more - for being Jen!

7) You’re on my cell phone speed dial. ‘nuff said.

6) For always trying to get me to move to Boston. It may or may not ever happen but at least a guy knows he’s wanted.

5) For loving Dad’s reading of the Grinch more today then you did 30 years ago.

4) Thanksgiving 2004. Its 2:00 am and Jen has to drive me to the airport at 5:00. She is folding laundry. Is she concerned about managing the boys and the household on three hours sleep? No. Instead she’s listening to her younger brother and his directionless life. Before the evening is over Jen is exhausted but Peter is resolved to go to art school. That was a major turning point, which has directed the last four years and will forever shape my life.

3) Directly related to reason number 4 . . . let’s not even talk about how many conversations we’ve had about staying the course and having faith. A large part of who I am today is because of your listening ear and council. I’m not saying I wouldn’t have made it through school without you but you certainly made it much easier.

2) Directly related to reason number 3 . . . TEAM PETER!

1) And the number one reason . . . for the wife you will eventually find me! No pressure.

Jen, words can't express my love for you but hopefully you already know and feel it.

-Peter