Thursday, November 13, 2008

128 Hillside Road

Happy 40th birthday to our dear Watertown housemate of 3 years. Living above, or rather, "with" Jen and Mike were some of the funnest and most entertaining years we've had in Boston. There was always someone to talk to, laugh with, complain to, or babysit for. Joe and I loved getting calls to come downstairs and share homemade Sunday night goodies. We loved being invited down on Sundays for fabulous pasta dinners. We loved listening for the squeals of one Thomas 18-month old to be returned by one Apke 1 year old while playing a floor apart. I loved being able to run down the stairs and have Jen tell me which shoes to wear. I loved having Jen call while at the grocery store to see if we needed a gallon of milk. We loved Jen sneaking upstairs to watch "Friends" with us...sorry Mike, the secret's out. We loved sharing Thanksgiving dinner (and still do), and breakfast on Christmas morning in our pajamas. I loved having Jen as my new-mother-mentor and having her help me with some of those new-mom things that none of you want to know about or should ever read in this forum. I loved that we could cry all during our last dinner together under the same roof and it was all ok. I love that we are still dear friends, our boys still love each other, and we make an effort to all get together. I love Jen reminding me that "smart and sturdy" is the way to go - (I was going to save that for the "adjectives" section of the blog, but it seemed to fit nicely here). I love that one day, we'll take one of the many planned Thomas/Apke vacations we've talked about for 8 years. We love you Jen!!!